Wednesday

In Real Life: Contemplating Love

Love is...
Patient. Kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Love isn't rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. True love never fails...and now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. -I Corinthians 13: 1-13

I abbreviated here, but please feel free to open your bibles and read for yourself. I'm learning about love, what it is and what it isn't and the importance of being equally yoked. The men I've dated weren't of God. Love is from God. God is love. I've read these words before, I've heard them quoted, etc, but now I'm understanding and realizing the importance of God when being in love with someone.

This scripture explains the way God loves us and should be the way we love each other and God. However, it is impossible to achieve through our own will, it can only be done with and through God. Non-Christian men might mean well and they may want to do it and achieve it, but since they are acting by their own will, they are destined to fail. It's not enough to last.

Relating it to me, while for some time I would say how the men I choose to be with have to have an intimate relationship with God. Most haven't and yet I would still give them a chance. I've never understood why it was so important until recently. When he has God in his life, he has limits. He's accountable to someone other than himself. Meaning, he's not going to speak to you a certain way, or treat you like crap, etc and while we all slip up and fall short, it is less likely it will be as often and to extremes because it is more important how God is going to think about his actions than himself or people. It was mind-boggling for me to try to figure out how he could say he loves me one minute and then turn around and be unloving the next in the way he talked to me or treated me.

Ladies and gents you have a model to compare it to. Use it. If it doesn't match up, it probably isn't the vision God has for you and your life. I believe your spouse has the power to make your life heaven on earth or a living hell. People try to play the victim, but if you're honest, you chose that person to be with in the first place. I'm not someone who believes in settling for good enough. Women right now are putting up with all kinds of craziness just to say they have someone. I'm not sure if you received the memo yet, but we do not have the power to change people. Period. While I know it might sound a little nuts, why not wait and seek God where your relationships are concerned? Statistics say one thing I know, but it doesn't have to refer to you. What's for you is for you.

As for me, I now don't have a choice anymore in the matter because in order to capture my heart, you must seek God first, he holds the key and possesses the owners manual as to how I operate. You will need both if you stand any type of chance. I'm soooo relieved because I am still a work in progress and God can keep my man-to-be updated as to the changes He's making in me. Because he communicates with God via prayer, not only is my man-to-be praying with me, he is praying for me.

Sorry so long...but it be's that way sometimes ya dig! More on love as my book progresses.
For those of you who aren't Christians, you might have your own opinions...rightfully so, but this is Cdot Randomness and it's from my point of view as a Christian young woman.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about the truthfulness of this blog, not the religious insight but some of the other broad statements or generalizations may not be accurate or apply to all! I'm just saying... ya dig!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mister Sir (a bit redundant don't you think?),
    Yes, I was generalizing, which is why I said MOST instead of ALL. My thing is if there is no truth in it, it wouldn't make you feel some-kind-of-way. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. :) Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Smith15 January

    Love it... Sometimes people are too busy reading the words instead of understanding the meaning...

    Blessed*

    ReplyDelete