Wednesday

2014 New Year Prayer | Paulo Coelho Quote

Enveloped in God's Glory- Cathedral Ceiling | Nice, France 2014


“Before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we’ve learned as we’ve moved towards that dream. That’s the point at which most people give up. Every search begins with beginners luck. And every search ends with the victors being severely tested.” 
Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Happy New Year! We are officially fifteen days into the new year and continuing with the tradition I want to begin this blogging year with a New Year prayer.

I’m not sure what you've been through or what you’ve had to endure in the last 12 months that was 2013. I know that as a consensus from people I’ve spoken to and from my own life, 2013 was pure hell and a miserable year to sum it up best. The good news is 2013 is over! Congratulations, we made it! We have another opportunity to go after our dreams and goals and achieve them. I chose today’s quote to set the tone for those of us who have had to endure to the point of breaking. It’s my wish to extend my hands out to you by my words in order to embrace you and help to comfort and encourage you in the fact that you are right there, within arm’s reach. Grab hold tighter than you ever have before and don’t let go until God blesses you.

As it physically pained me to have to reflect on all the events of 2013, it comforted me to know I had made it through and that the testing of my faith, developed perseverance. I’m more determined than ever to take everything up a notch and not only get what I thought I wanted, but the overflow as well. I have renewed confidence in who God is and who He’s created me to be and am allowing myself permission to explore me fully and embrace what I find. Because God is faithful and because it is always its darkest right before the dawn breaks, He allowed me to start the year off inside my biggest dream yet. One of the largest dreams I’ve dared to dream and I am not sleeping through this one. I’m living it wide awake, writing this from my apartment in the south of France. Everything was taken out of me and from me in 2013. Everything. It was God’s grace alone that allowed me to pick myself up off the ground and keep fighting when I literally had nothing left. Not knowing that beauty is birthed from ruin and you can’t live fully in Him until you have died of yourself.

My prayer: Heavenly Father I pray that you will continue to show us who we are in you this year. I pray a release of your supernatural comfort, peace, and grace upon us all. I pray Father that you cleanse us with your healing power and love. Rid us of any hurt, pain, and disappointments we’ve endured, necessary for our growth and promotion. I pray God that you will draw us closer to you and that you would teach us how to trust you beyond our capacity to trust as we move forward in your promises for our lives. I pray Father a year of abundant harvest for your people who have planted, sowed and labored in faith and in tears. Father I thank you now by faith for opening up the floodgates of heaven and pouring out your blessings on us where we won’t have enough room to contain them all. Father I thank you for replenishing us with any and all virtues that were depleted as we were going through our storms and Father I pray you would strengthen our bond and connection with you. Father grant us the gift of compassion that we may handle others with care as we are all sensitive and in need of encouragement and peace. Father I also pray that you give us clarity and open up our eyes of understanding, so that we may master the lessons needed to pursue, overtake and recover everything you have in store for us this year and in the years to come. Father we love you, we trust you, and we thank you that we can speak those things to come as though they are. Your word says that all things work together for our good. Thank you God for renewed faith and courage to pursue, overtake and recover all that belongs to us and for a renewed passion in our gifts. It is in Jesus Christ’s precious name I pray, Amen.

With Love & Gratitude,

~C. Nzingha

No comments:

Post a Comment