Thursday

Quote of the Month

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."  - Marianne Williamson

"I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of Power, and of Love and of a Sound Mind." II Timothy 1:7

As I stand at a crossroads in my life. I am meditating on both of these quotes right now. I can either make a decision to run at the fear and overcome by "doing" or allow it to defeat me by enabling fear to paralyze me to the point of doing nothing.

Over the course of my life, I have developed the bad habit of dulling my shine in order to make other people feel more comfortable. I convinced myself it is better to be in the background than the spotlight, so I've run away from it as hard as I could, even though I was never 100% successful at fading and blending. Now this practice no longer works for me and I have to retrain myself on better habits.

I am grateful that I don't have to be perfect, I can bump my head as many times as it takes to get it...as I am still a work in progress. God hasn't finished with me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment