Monday

Love U: Broken Clocks | The Time is Now

Broken Clocks


“This is not the time to be passive. This is the time to shape, sculpt, paint, participate… 
the time to get sweaty, to get dirty, to fall in love, to forgive, to forget, to hug, to kiss… 
this is the time to experience, participate and live your life as a verb.” Steve Maraboli

What are you waiting for? Could the reason you were waiting no longer be valid? Could you already have what you want, but not realize it? 


I'm asking you these questions because I had a light bulb moment earlier today while writing an email to a friend. It occurred to me that something I thought I was waiting to experience was already currently happening in my life, but because I felt like I needed more money or a higher status in life before I could experience it, I was convinced I was in fact still waiting on it...that it hadn't happened yet. Until I wrote that email and reread my words, I had no idea what I was waiting for has in fact already arrived. Because of some preconceived notion from past thinking, I had the wrong perspective and was looking at the situation incorrectly. This old pattern of thinking was blocking my ability to see my situation clearly and currently. In my mind I was waiting for something I already have, which in turn left me frustrated and bothered most of the time. As soon as I realized it wasn't that I didn't have it, it was that I was looking at things the wrong way, I immediately took a dance break! Things clicked and that pinned up energy was immediately released. 

I hadn't realized what a lifetime of being told to wait had done to my subconscious. From a young age, we are told to wait. Wait until you're older to do this or that. Wait until you get married, wait until you have a family, wait until after you finish school, until you're more settled, have more money, wait until you are more mature, until you retire, until you die. Before we know it our entire lives will have passed us by and we'll go to the grave waiting for more money, for the right time, for another opportunity. Time doesn't wait, it keeps going and the only real time we have is right now, this present moment. 

It occurred to me earlier today that the only thing I was really waiting for was myself.
I was waiting for me to wake up, to change my mind, to hit refresh and reload my system so that I could see the fresh picture before me. I am not waiting to live out anything, I am living it right now. It's already currently taking place, the scary part is that I was missing it because my way of thinking was out-of-date. At one point I might of made excuses on why I had to wait. I believed at some point in the past that I always had to wait for some point in the future to live. I was told to wait and believed I had to and then never stopped. Until today.


One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible is Isaiah 43:18, "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past, see I am doing a new thing, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the dessert and streams in the wasteland."

Whatever you've been putting off, the time is NOW to get your dreams out of the closest and put them on. Wear them out! You don't have anything to lose and no more time should be lost waiting on nothing in particular. Those excuses have now reached their expiration date. It's time to throw them out and get started. Right where you are with what you have. It is possible. You might already be in your dream now, but because everything didn't arrive exactly like you wanted it to, you might be oblivious to it, like I was before my light bub moment. In the words of John Legend, "the future started yesterday, we're already late." Seize this moment, make a decision, renew your mind, laugh, learn, love, live mas, now.

With Love & Gratitude,
~C. Nzingha


No comments:

Post a Comment