Tuesday

Quote of the Week

"I think about how much of our lives are wasted pretending, I'm scared to death. Sometimes you need to do what's scariest in order to get to where you need to be." - Julie Baxbaum

This quote in a nut shell sums up where I am in life and in my career. I am scared to death, but facing my fear by taking baby steps toward my goals. I've spent a lot of my life pretending to be something other than what God created me to be for the sake of others being more comfortable. The shoes never fit. I am finally catching up with myself in the vision God had in mind for me. It's okay to be afraid, just don't let the fear paralyze you. Forggive yourself for the lost time, bad choices, wrong decisions and then forgive those who have hurt you and #getmoving.

*Success is the only option*

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous28 May

    OK, this is just FREAKY! *Allow me to explain* I've always said that everything happens for a reason. But for me to have met YOU, (And you just happen to be a writer? C'mon SON!) who just happens to be in the EXACT SAME PLACE in her life (seemingly) as I am... I think GOD may be trying to tell us BOTH something. BTW, (since I totally left without saying anything earlier. *dumb move on my part*) it was SUCH a pleasure to meet you. :)))

    Shawn~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this quote. It hits right where I am today. Baby steps. Great word picture. Those slow, unstable steps that invariably end with a fall. Still, baby steps grow stronger and more frequent because, let's face it, we are made to walk; we are made to run. What is inside us is too strong for what it outside us that our eyes keep telling our brain to fear. Thank God the heart is stronger than both our eyes and brain. Unless it isn't; and this is the sad, suffering life. May your eyes and your mind be strong but never stronger than your heart.

    http://minuslinus-hadley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete