Wednesday

In Real Life: Feeling Poetic



The shape that reflection takes when thinking of the men whom catch my eyes wide open...



"That Intangible Thing"

If it were a woman,
I would be able to compete.
How do you go to war with that intangible thing?
His passion.
For him you are secondary,
his loyalty is to that thing.
Whatever it is...he fancies.
Be it money, music, life or freedom.
Selfish of you to ask him to choose.
In real life the choice will never be you.
Live or let live.
Accept it.
Love it & him,
or you will have to seek love elsewhere
with the one who lacks ambition to accomplish anything.
So, you mean the only option is to embrace that thing?
Yes, the key to his heart,
is in him seeing your love & support,
for his intangible thing.
*Deep Sigh*

CdotSmith

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous06 June

    Very nice! You know...often...this is all but ignored by so many women.
    On the other side of the coin...women have "This Intangible Thing" as well.

    So men must also learn to love her along with it...in my viewpoint.

    Great piece! Love them...keep 'em coming C.
    Caleb's Dad...KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. CdotSmith08 June

    Hey K,

    I agree. I can admit I possess my own intangible thing, but the difference between men and women I think when it comes to this is, the ability to multi-task. I feel like you will always make time for the things that are important to you, and if he and she isn't making any time...you can connect the dots from there.
    Thanks for the shout. I will do my best to stay in creative mode!

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous08 June

    I really dig this. "the choice will never be you"...that is very interesting, never u think??...I def Think there is something magnetic about a person's passion for anything. Kinda like u and writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. CdotSmith08 June

    Okay, so maybe I exaggerated on the "never", but Im a work in progress, I'm still learning patience daily!
    Thanks for checking me out.

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous08 June

    I think sometimes we get so caught up in realizing our dream, that we don't realize someone else's support, love, and encouragment can propel us to our success. We see people as a distraction when sometimes that may not be the case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CdotSmith08 June

    I agree 100%.

    C.

    ReplyDelete